It can be different
With healing, you can be yourself in the world
Sometimes we just know things were really tough. Sometimes things seemed okay but we felt unsettled, like something was missing or just not right.
It’s normal for these struggles to affect how we show up in the world. Many people feel doubtful, ‘not good enough’, anxious, depressed, angry, suicidal, or numb. Struggling to function, hiding behind a poker face, or trying to be perfect are common challenges that can leave us feeling disconnected.
The journey back to our true self can feel daunting but you don’t have to figure it out on your own. With therapy, you can feel comfortable in your own skin, find your voice, and feel genuinely confident. You can live in a way that honours what you need and want. You can let your guard down and feel the joy, peace and freedom that comes with healing.
I am an LGBTQ+ ally and I welcome diversity. I believe survivors, period. I believe that your struggles make sense given what you have been through and it’s not your fault.
I truly believe, that hearing your story when you’re ready to share it, is my privilege. I know that it takes time to build trust, and that is why, I am committed to walk along side you at your pace. I am dedicated to making you feel safe in sessions; this means I value being consistent, predictable, and reliable.
In addition to listening, I will observe what is happening for you, noticing any unhelpful patterns and we will work together to heal and create new patterns. I also focus on your strengths and share them with you if you find it helpful.
I am trained in many approaches by leading experts including EMDR, DBT, and EFT. I am always thinking about the potential impact of trauma and oppression and I bring this lens to my work to help you make sustainable change for the long run.
What to Expect
- Each session is 50 – 60 minutes, virtual and weekly or bi-weekly sessions are recommended for the best results.
- We will collaboratively identify the therapy focus and approach that will help us succeed.
- You don’t have to share all the details of what happened to you in order to heal, and this is effective.
- For EMDR therapy, two sessions or two 30 minute check-ins per week can be recommended based on the level of support needed, while keeping finances in mind.
- As improvement happens, we stagger the appointments to see how you do with more time in between.
- When you’re ready to complete therapy, you have the option for a completion session where we reflect on your growth and recommendations for next steps.
What Healing Can Look Like
By uncovering the underlying beliefs, thoughts, and feelings, not only can you resolve them, but you can also have more understanding of how these experiences affected you. Slowly, you can learn to find more self-compassion and acceptance for yourself. It becomes possible to see that you did the best you could to survive the situation and that indeed, it’s not your fault.
As you begin to connect with your inner wisdom, you will be able to listen to your heart and know what you need and want. Then, you can find the courage to take the risks needed to honour this. While it might seem scary at first, you will be able to communicate assertively, set boundaries, and maintain them. Finally, you will be able to feel excited about life, learn to tolerate this happiness without self-sabotaging, and live a more authentic life congruent with who you are now.